Description (excerpt from ONA bylaws)
For the 2021-2023 biennium, the Bylaws Committee, a committee of the House of Delegates, shall:
• Review bylaws and proposed amendments to the bylaws of ONA and submit recommended changes to the Board and to the ANA Committee on Bylaws prior to noticing the delegates to the next House of Delegates.
• Review the bylaws of any nurses' association on a district level wishing to become a district association of ONA. The committee will report to the Board whose decision on the recommendations will be final.
• Advise district associations concerning proposed amendments to their bylaws to ensure conformity with ONA bylaws.
• Review bylaws of district associations, organizational affiliates and local units to ensure conformity with ONA bylaws.
• ONA will submit proposed amendments to their bylaws to the ANA Committee on Bylaws within two (2) years from the year that ANA amends or revises the ANA Bylaws.
Time Commitment (thru October 2023)
• Meets via conference call, email and in-person (as needed).
• Attend ONA Biennial Convention October 2023 and report to the House of Delegates.
• Additional meetings and/or calls may be necessary on a convention year.
• Committee members are reimbursed for travel expenses for in-person meetings using the federal mileage charitable rate of $0.14/mi.